Spiders & Angels

Post agreed upon trades. Trades will be finalized by the commissioner once all parties have agreed.
Mike Lowe

Spiders & Angels

Post by Mike Lowe » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:00 pm

Angels send:
1B Carlos Santana (MLB)
OF Josh Reddick (MLB)
OF Johan Sala (R)

Spiders send:
OF Wil Myers

Angels Rationale: Our owner wants us to acquire an OF, and Myers fits that bill. He is going to cost us a lot of our remaining budget, and it's a risk whether he'll be able to stick with the Angels long-term or not, but we're more of a Win Now team than anything else, so this deal makes sense. We hate to see Sala go as he was our top hitting prospect, but with Trout in CF we can afford to lose him. I personally don't like moving Santana as he led MLB in BB last year, had an OBP of .375, but was someone the Spiders really wanted. Hopefully Myers will fill those shoes for us.
@SimSportsGamin9
@MikeLowe47
be grateful. be magnanimous. be fulfilled.

joe-cioffi

Re: Spiders & Angels

Post by joe-cioffi » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Angels send:
1B Carlos Santana (MLB)
OF Josh Reddick (MLB)
OF Johan Sala (R)

Spiders send:
OF Wil Myers

Agreed.

We brought Myers in last year to put us over the top. I resigned him and we figured he would be around for another two years. My owner decided to have other thoughts and cut my budget down. Now we show Myers the door and bring back talent that will fill our ther needs. We were talking to other teams but this deal with the Angels made the most sense. Johan Sala will be our future CF. My scout is very high on him. We will let him develop and let him become our future. I will not make the same mistake again like I did with trading Bradley Zimmer and Alfred Ramos. Josh Reddick will fit in as our starting left fielder this year. We played in entire season without a LF. I like his glove and he has the potential to hit 20 HRs. He will make up for the lost season we had in that position. My owner wants us to improve our Firstbase position and by adding Carlos Santana does that. We will move Mark Trumbo to become our full time DH. Santana has 141 walks last year and will help us score more runs. Reddick and Santana have expiring contracts at the end of the 2019 season. If it does work out then I will be able to start over next season.

PaulDenyer

Re: Spiders & Angels

Post by PaulDenyer » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:00 pm

PROCESSED
SSG Baseball Commissioner

SSG Baseball Boston Red Sox
SSG Football New England Patriots

PSN - pld3009
Twitter - @pld3009

Return to “Finalized Trades”