Spiders - Tigers trade

Post agreed upon trades. Trades will be finalized by the commissioner once all parties have agreed.
ArmandoT11

Spiders - Tigers trade

Post by ArmandoT11 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Detroit sends:
RF Elier Hernandez (MLB)
RP Juan Jaime (MLB)
C Devin Mesoraco (AAA)

Cleveland sends:
CL Cody Allen (MLB) retaining 20% of the salary

Tigers needed to improve their right handed bullpen arms and while there's gonna be several available on Free Agency their demands would probably be too hefty for a team already paying close to $100M for 3 players over the age of 30.
Enter Cody Allen, who had a poor 2018 but our scouts think his stuff is still there and just needs a few mechanical tweaks on his delivery; he will compete for the closer role with the incumbent Bruce Rondon.
In exchange we send some talent: Elier Hernandez played sparingly last year but managed to be a 93 wRC+ player at only age 23, Juan Jaime had a good 2018 but it's not getting any younger, and veteran Devin Mesoraco who was getting restless for playing time after posting a 122 wRC+ season at AAA.
Always difficult to trade in-division but there's a friendly relationship between these two organizations and we hope this trade can make us both better for next season!

joe-cioffi

Re: Spiders - Tigers trade

Post by joe-cioffi » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:53 pm

Detroit sends:
RF Elier Hernandez (MLB)
RP Juan Jaime (MLB)
C Devin Mesoraco (AAA)

Cleveland sends:
CL Cody Allen (MLB) retaining 20% of the salary

Agreed

I truly hate to see Cody Allen go but I had no choice. I need to move some money ASAP. Ownership has cut my budget by 18 million dollars. Jose Fuentes, Joel York, Kyle Crockett will be my 7-8-9 guys next season. Juan Jaime will fit in nicely and his contract is perfect for us. Devin Mesoraco will be my backup this season. I love how he is a leader. He will also fill in for Yan Gomes if he cant recover in time from his injury. Elier Hernandez will have a chance to make the opening day roster. If he doesn't then he will work on his skills in AAA for a little. Its time for the spiders to play some money ball and put a winning team on the field without spending a ton of cash.

thanks for the easy talks Armando.

PaulDenyer

Re: Spiders - Tigers trade

Post by PaulDenyer » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:07 pm

PROCESSED
SSG Baseball Commissioner

SSG Baseball Boston Red Sox
SSG Football New England Patriots

PSN - pld3009
Twitter - @pld3009

Return to “Finalized Trades”