Los Angeles Angels

Post both trade blocks and team needs here in one thread per team.
Mike Lowe

Los Angeles Angels

Post by Mike Lowe » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:05 pm

Other are available, but these were the guys who seemed to make most sense to move. If you see someone else--prospects or another veteran--just reach out about him.

TEAM NEEDS

Lefty RP - About the only team need we have at this moment is a lefty bullpen arm. I'm looking for someone who could be a setup-type.

STARTING PITCHERS

SP Brett Anderson - Lefty starter who is an extreme groundball pitcher. He has a control rating of 65 and had an ERA of 3.79 and a WHIP of 1.11 in 2018. He has 1 year remaining on his contract for $9.5M.

SP Jeremy Kivel - A guy looking to bounce back. He has MLB experience, and is making the league minimum.

SP Tyler Skaggs - Ssouthpaw who has Stuff and Control ratings in the 60's, as well as 3 pitches all with 60+ ratings. He also has a stamina of 65 and a durable injury rating as he's pitched close to 200 innings the past three seasons. He's arbitration eligible, so you'd be able to extend him to a contract of your choosing.

SP Tom Windle - This guy surprised baseball last year as a Rule 5 pick going 13-8 with a 2.84 ERA over 152 IP. He struck out 94 and had a WAR of 2.3. At just 26 years old and making the league minimum, he could help a team looking to fill out their starting rotation with a nice upside piece.

RELIEVERS

MR Cam Bedrosian - A setup guy or closer on a team load with righty RP. He is arbitration eligible and will continue to make less than $1M annually.

MR Wally Hill - Nice stuff and can throw 3 pitches already. 60 stamina, so also has the ability to convert to a SP. MLC.

MR Kieran Lovegrove - A guy who could transition into a SP role as he's just 24 years old and has stamina of 60 and 3 pitches in his repitoire. He's on a MLC, so he'd be a nice addition for a team building out some depth at SP.

MR Adam McCreery - Another RP who could actually convert to a SP. MLC.

MR Dan Reynolds - High work ethic and low greed combined with a 70-rated 98 MPH fastball (65 Stuff) makes for a nice sleeper MR. He also makes the league minimum.

BATTERS

2B Jose Miguel Fernandez - Led all AL 2B in OBP, OPS, Runs, BB, OPS+, and WOBA. A truly special player who is arbitration eligible and will still make less than $5M. I'm not in a position where I have to move him, but I will consider the right deal.

3B Kyle Seager - He carries a financial commitment, but just as I said about Pujols last year, Seager is a guy who is ready to rebound with a new opportunity. He is a stellar 3B defensively, and has had WARs of 4.0 and 4.6 in his career as well as two other seasons of 3.2 and 3.9. I'd be willing to include a prospect in a deal for Seager, or retain some of his 2019 salary.

OF Billy Burns - Base-stealer and a Gold Glove LF in 2017. He's a switch hitter too, and is a really nice player to have on your bench who can start in a pinch as well at all 3 OF positions.
@SimSportsGamin9
@MikeLowe47
be grateful. be magnanimous. be fulfilled.

Mike Lowe

Re: Los Angeles Angels

Post by Mike Lowe » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:00 pm

Updated slightly after my deal with the Spiders.
@SimSportsGamin9
@MikeLowe47
be grateful. be magnanimous. be fulfilled.

Return to “Rumor Mill”