Rules to be discussed

Billy4NY

Rules to be discussed

Post by Billy4NY » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 am

All,

As we get closer to Week 1 kickoff I was thinking through some rules that we might want to get ironed out prior to the season. The two things that stick out to me right now are missed games and practice squad signings.

Missed Games: How are we going to handle someone who is unable to play their game? What will their opponent do that week? Are we going to punish that player or put a limit on how many games can be missed in a year? I know that I will miss a few games each season, especially during the mid-week advances due to work/personal travel. I just want to understand our approach to this.

Practice Squad: We outlined in the rules that practice squad players can only be signed from User controlled teams (we don't plan on having CPU teams anyways), but is there a limit to this process? If someone signs a practice squad player away from a team and places them on their own practice squad do we care if another team or even the original team signs them also?

Just some thoughts that we should probably start discussing before issues arise. Commish, feel free to make the rules as you see fit.

Flyboyfern

Re: Rules to be discussed

Post by Flyboyfern » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 am

These two are excellent topics. I also would like to know what happens to ppl missing games. With two jobs and a new born at home, I to would miss a few games here and there.

Just a opinion when it comes to practice squad stealing. I play in another league that has a rule in place for Practice squad stealing that I find to be good......
PS Stealing Rule: If you sign a practice squad player from someone else's squad, they have to stay on your ACTIVE roster for the rest of the season.

Billy4NY

Post by Billy4NY » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:16 pm

I love the Practice Squad rule and motion that we implement pending league/commish review.

For people missing games, I have seen other leagues that are tolerant of it (I assume we will be tolerant) allow the opponent to play against the CPU. The stipulations are that the opponent must stream/record the game, cannot win by more than 3 scores (unless not in their control), and play realistic ball to not run up players stats. Then we would implement a rule around the # of missed games allowed. I would say 4 or 5 is probably a good limit where we would start penalizing or ejecting the user.

Mike Lowe

Post by Mike Lowe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:41 pm

Practice squad is not up for discussion, sorry it's moot to me--If you want someone NOT on an AI team, sign him. Practice squads are just glorified free agent lists in Madden. No reason to monitor this.

Missed games--that's much tougher. For now, it's a case by case basis. I have no problem letting them other team decide on whether they want to sim or play the AI.
Be fulfilled. Be grateful. Be good to one another.
@MikeLowe47 @SimSportsGamin9
Website | YouTube | Discord

Mike Lowe

Post by Mike Lowe » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:42 pm

And yes, I'd say if you hit a 4th game in a season that ends up being unattended, we'd probably look for a replacement for you, unless it's a unique circumstance. Thoughts?

That's 1/4 of the regular season. Seems fair.
Be fulfilled. Be grateful. Be good to one another.
@MikeLowe47 @SimSportsGamin9
Website | YouTube | Discord

Billy4NY

Post by Billy4NY » Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:53 am

I agree that case by case basis is probably the best way to approach missed games with a larger discussion held at the 4th missed game.

Wendler

Post by Wendler » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:09 pm

I agree Missed games should be case by case up to 4, Never know when things can go wrong etc.

For the practice squad rule im in agreement with Mike. Normally if someone is gonna make a move for practice squad they have the intentions of placing them on their active roster. even against CPU if i pull practice squad players i dont put them on my practice squad. so if someone is, no offense, dumb enough to sign someone then put them down to get stolen, thats their own fault. The way the NFL operates its pretty free to sign whoever with some rules that dont really affect madden (such as a player being signed to get inside info on a team they play that weekend".

Return to “Madden PS4 CFM General Discussion”