Calculating QB XP Required for Next Skill Point

Billy4NY

Calculating QB XP Required for Next Skill Point

Post by Billy4NY » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:13 pm

Have you ever wondered just how much more XP is required to earn a skill point for your QB? Asking yourself if you are wasting your time trying to train them because that green bar just doesn't seem to be moving?

Well, I have your solution. I have designed a formula that will calculate how much more XP is needed to earn your QB their next skill point. I have only created this for QB's so far because I am curious to see how much interest there is for this in the community. If people seem to find this useful I would gladly create this for other positions as well.

Please keep in mind that the calculation is not 100% precise, but should be within 100 XP points of the actual amount in the game. So, throw an extra TD or two to make sure you pass the mark.

Note: If you find this to be inaccurate please provide me with the details of your situation so that I can investigate further. All of my testing within the game has checked out.

Link to Madden 19 XP Calculator - QB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/18OZ...ew?usp=sharing

Mike Lowe

Re: Calculating QB XP Required for Next Skill Point

Post by Mike Lowe » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:17 pm

This is a useful tool for folks. I still don't quite get why progression is built around performance so heavily, as unfortunately it does have people aiming to throw those extra 1-2 TDs instead of running a more balanced offense, for instance.

I absolutely don't mind games having options like this, but I wish we had 'options for the options' so that we can either adjust or turn it off entirely and let, for example, progression be a bit more random.
Be fulfilled. Be grateful. Be good to one another.
@MikeLowe47 @SimSportsGamin9
Website | YouTube | Discord

Billy4NY

Post by Billy4NY » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:24 pm

I agree that it should not be solely based on performance, but I do understand why it would be hard to program something that is so "random" and make the consumers happy. Right now we control player's fate and that is what most CFM players want. I wouldn't want to start a Browns franchise and find out that Mayfield is a bust and no matter how hard I work with him it won't change anything. That would be frustrating as someone who wants to build that franchise.

It is a double-edged sword and I am just glad that I am not the one wielding it. Definitely just need more options for the players. Hence my other post where I discuss issues and the tools EA has provided to work around them.

Billy4NY

Post by Billy4NY » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Here is an updated workbook with sheets for QBs, HBs, and WRs.

Return to “Dynasty Reports”